Monday 2 March 2015

Six Degrees of Separation (Part 1: Broken Heart)

The first part was the most painful at first for me. Because I have to face the fact that she's no longer here with me. I still remember that I used to smoke just half a pack a day but since the day she left, I desire more and more to keep me intoxicated and not thinking about our break up.

 I will get up every morning and talk a walk in the middle of 4:00 a.m and see the Manhattan skyline while waiting for the dawn to come. Seriously, I can't really sleep at all because I am in pain and I can't sleep with a broken heart. I hit my jack and the bartender Joe greeted me and ask "What do you want for today?" "Just, one Famous Grouse. Neat!" ordering my favorite scotch while lighting up a stick of Red Marlboro that I bought last night. Damn, it was the last one I had and seriously I have to buy another pack before I head to work today.

"For God sake Daniel, stop smoking and get some sleep." Said Joe and he tries to take my lighter away from me after he done finished making my drink.  I almost explode but I calm my nerves down as I said to him slowly "What should I do Joe? I loved her so much. She was my whole life and now, I lost my world." 

Joe pat my back and sit next to me as my tears start kissing my cheeks and fall to the bar table. "Danny, you're gonna be okay... Don't worry about it. Amy isn't that hot. You have scored chicks ten times hotter than her. She's totally a strong 5 while you my man, you're a solid ten. haha!" His words tickle me a little bit there and we talk about crazy stuff until it was almost 7 a.m. After 4 drinks and 7 stick of ciggies I lit up thanks to Joe by the way, I go and prepared myself as I have feel better, I think.                                                     ~To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment